Community > Posts By > Ashcoveredsoul

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/16/09 09:34 AM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl waving

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Thu 02/12/09 05:39 AM

Well I'm neither a gay man or a lesbian .. but I come here to say hi to my friends ..

(( Sharon ))

(( Suze ))

flowerforyou flowerforyou

(((((((((Judy)))))))))flowers drinks Heard you had a good trip!

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Thu 02/12/09 05:38 AM

Thank you for the welcome Fairy smile2 ...I was just wondering if other gay men come in here?

Hi charmed. flowerforyou This room hasn't gotten a regular following just yet. There have been a couple guys pop in and out on occasion. Don't give up hope though. When I first got on M2, it took awhile to find anyone who was GLBT. Spread the word and let's try to get this place hoppin'
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 08:42 PM

Stopping in to say "hi" tonight. :smile:
(((Angel)))waving

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:23 PM
FREEDOM TO MARRY WEEK

People across the country are pledging to take part in 7 Conversations in 7 Days in honor of the 12th annual Freedom to Marry Week, February 8-14, 2009.

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/get_involved/freedom_to_marry_week_2009ba.php

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:12 PM
TV network backs gay marriage in new ad campaign

by Nick Cargo

A major television network has made a statement for marriage equality as part of a larger vision for unity in a recently debuted campaign.

The USA Network, whose ads feature the slogan "Characters Welcome," has launched the campaign in conjunction with a growing coalition of advocacy organizations, calling on the audience to sign the "Characters Unite Pledge."

The organizations include:

* AAPD (American Association of People with Disabilities)
* AIUSA (Amnesty International)
* ADL (Anti-Defamation League)
* ADC (American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee)
* AAJC (Asian American Justice Center)
* GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
* LCCR (Leadership Conference on Civil Rights)
* NCLR (National Council of La Raza)
* SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center)

"At USA Network," the ad states, "we believe life is richer when we see past our differences and appreciate each other for the characters that we are."

The pledge reads:

"As a character of the USA, I hold these truths to be self-evident--that life is richer and we are stronger as a country when we see beyond stereotypes and appreciate each other for the characters that we are. I take this pledge to stand against prejudice, intolerance, and hate, and promote greater acceptance and understanding in my daily life. After all, characters are what make us USA."

The characters in the 30-second spot ad, widely ranging in age and race, give their reasons for pledging, which include:

"I pledge because the 'good old days' weren't the 'good old days.'"

"We're all American immigrants."

"I pledge because it's 2009, not 1959."

"I pledge because there is no black or white or yellow--there's just us."

"I pledge because this world is going to be better for my daughter."

"No one should be treated differently for how they look."

"I pledge because the view from the back of the bus sucks."

"I pledge because I don't believe in racism, sexism, or any-ism."

"I pledge because everybody deserves wedding gifts."

http://pageoneq.com/news/2009/usanet0202.html

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:19 PM

eeww I couldn't do healthcare.
I don't do well with people.

I'm off here, stopped in to say HI! waving
Have a good evening!

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:13 PM
Doin pretty dang good. Really like my new job. It's a desk job with little stress!!! Worst day there is better than a good day in the healthcare field, lol.

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:05 PM

{{{{{Sharon}}}}}flowerforyou
((((Catch)))) flowerforyou how u doin?

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:01 PM

cool didnt know about this place I think I'll be visiting here more oftenbiggrin

I used to try to post something at least daily to keep the thread up on the list, but just been busy lately.

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 02/09/09 04:59 PM
Edited by Ashcoveredsoul on Mon 02/09/09 04:59 PM

*waves to everyone* Greetings!

Hello Lady welcome to the thread!waving

Thank you! I didn't know about this thread before and I hope to meet a lot of new people and make friends- especially the nerdy ones like me ^^
Welcome Dragona, Charmed, and Phuque!

Fairy and I are more dorky than nerdish, but what's in a label anyways! rofl

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Sun 02/08/09 09:26 PM
Hellllloooooooooo Anybody home???waving

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Wed 01/21/09 05:33 AM

FCL dont worry about the idiots...God does allot..hell I think half the Loons on the Left think that ol 44 is the Messiahsad Now is the time to pray.....for this mans election may be the Start of the Tribulation....ha really... anyway as for religion..I am not super Religious but I Beleave there is more to us than JUST us ....as for the Bush haters dame it sucks to be u cause now u gotta get a life drinks :laughing: whoa

And who do you think you are calling idiots? Just because someone doesn't believe what you do, we are idiots? Typical hypocritcal christian.whoa whoa I hope calling others names makes your god like you better.slaphead

and why do you believe that everyone who believes in God is a christian. I believe in a higher power, am far from being a christian.
And if you look further back, you will see someone else started the name calling.

(had to come out of deactivation to support my (((Deb)))

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 01/12/09 09:34 PM
Edited by Ashcoveredsoul on Mon 01/12/09 09:35 PM
Real Gay World: Brooklyn
Written By Chris Kramer on January 12th, 2009 at 11:54 am

It’s been 4 years since I have watched MTV or a season of their show “Real World,” however when I learned that the latest season “Real World: Brooklyn” has 8 people instead of 7 and one of them is freshly transgendered, curiosity got the better of me.

If you have ever watched the show, you always know how it goes. You spend the first show trying to figure out who the gay roommate is while they all introduce themselves and then the entire cast gets drunk in the hot tub. The only thing normal about this season is the hot tub part.

It’s a wild mess with a mix of cultures. We have Katelynn the transgender female from Montana getting clicky with the gay guy, JD. Then we have Chet, the so called “punk” mormon frat boy from Utah getting clicky with the guitar song serenading military boy Ryan. I am sorry, but I lived with 7 frat boys in college and frat boys don’t wear purple scarfs and fake Dior sunglasses, or slip that they think a male roommate is cute while singing a song. Also, Ryan has been in the Iraq desert with guys for several years, has his first girlfriend at the age of 23, and is way too interested to know who is gay and why Katelynn is so different looking. Oh yeah, and they like to sit in a little boat and sing songs together.

Whatever may end up happening this season, “Real World: Brooklyn,” is definitely worth watching.

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/real_world_brooklyn/cast_member/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=10603#bio

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Mon 01/12/09 09:19 PM
What is your journey?

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Sat 01/03/09 07:01 AM

((((((Sharon))))))))

How are ya love....long time no see

Doin fine ((((Deb))).

:banana: Happy New Year!!!:banana:

How r u?

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Sat 01/03/09 06:56 AM

laugh
Alright, I emailed him .. which he'll either laugh at .. or tell me I'm weird. laugh laugh

Mornin' (((Judy))) :heart:

what's wrong with being weird? :laughing: It's kinda special .. drinks

That's right! Normal is BORING!!!whoa

rofl :banana: :banana: rofl

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Wed 12/31/08 02:23 PM

flowerforyou
What u doin tonight Kaysi?

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Wed 12/31/08 02:14 PM
Happy New Year's Eve everyone. Have a safe one!!!

Ashcoveredsoul's photo
Wed 12/31/08 02:13 PM

flowers Happy New Years Eve Sharon!! :banana:

Thank you ((((((Judy)))))) to you and yours as well! flowers
Be safe dear drinks

I'm gonna try darlin .. what are you guys up to tonight?
Gonna hang out at Susie's. Just us and the kids. No drinkin, but plenty of snacks and making a sherbet/7up punch!drool