no photo
Fri 10/24/08 01:01 AM
When the song "Who let the dogs out" was still on the charts, were you one of those people that wondered "who DID let those dogs out?" or did you simply accept the song for what it was?

Curious.

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 06:47 PM

Hopefully Affliction can slide into CBS' MMA slot and bring their "Fighting Fedor" program with them.

It really is a natural fit and CBS will have the top fighter in the world, along with the credibility that goes with that.

Very good point. Plus there are a lot of expectations for the Emelianenko vs. Arlovski fight on Jan. 24 that will also feature Lindland, Nogueira and Sobral. I also think that the only way for an Org "other than UFC" to survive is to capitalize on PPV...I'd love to see Affliction's new strategy on that...

I dunno. Without the mass telvision coverge, I don't know how enough people will know that there is a PPV. Affliction's first PPV had a bunch of buys, but there is no guarantee their next event will.

They really need more exposure to mass audiences. Hopefully something can be hammered out with CBS. Apparently CBS haven't soured on MMA, only on Pro Elite. CBS was in a position to buy the company and chose not to, which is why Elite went belly up.

Do you post on Sherdog at all?

I think that the correct answer should be a balanced network/PPV strategy (hence Spike/PPV for the UFC) but what’s very significant is to mimic the marketing powerhouse approach from the UFC. If you think about it, these guys steadily grossed $200+ Mil on PPV every year since 2006. That's a very good chunk of money. Elite failed with Showtime dramatically, making them lose money on every show plus their website also failed to deliver what was expected to be a "must stop" for MMA junkies. I'll tell you an inside tip (I'm going to hell) CBS is starting their own MMA company and I personally think that they used Elite as a test run. I don't think it's fair but Welcome to the ****ed up world!
Another thing that Elite should've learned is to keep their fighters under strict NDAs like the UFC does. If you remember, Petruzelli made some outrageous comments on Radio after the fight that I believe contributed to adding more fire to the already delicate situation.

We'll see what happens! but whatever it is, the new emerging players are certainly going to learn from Elite's failures!

I usually don't have the time to post at all but I'll take a look at Sherdog!

Thanks mate

I think you'd like Sherdog. There are a lot of fighters that lurk on there. Occassionally they'll post but not as often as they once did. Bas Rutten for example has thousands of posts there, but he rarely posts now.

As for your comments about Elite XC/CBS, apparently CBS was set to purchase the company but like you said, Seth Petruzelli's comments regarding being asked/told to stand with Kimbo and the subsequent investigation is what made CBS back out of the deal. Elite XC simply had no credibility after this last show, so why would CBS want to buy them out of their mess, when they could just start with new MMA programming.

I thought Elite XC was starting to take form, having better shows, ironing out the kinks in their prestentation, but the money dried up, even though the ratings kept increasing.

I'm confident CBS will air MMA - it just won't be Elite XC.

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 04:11 PM
I was new once. Ten minutes ago actually.

Welcome.

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 04:07 PM
Thank you all.

You make eating alone, so alone, not so bad lol.

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 04:00 PM
So far so good...some love, some hate lol

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:58 PM

Hopefully Affliction can slide into CBS' MMA slot and bring their "Fighting Fedor" program with them.

It really is a natural fit and CBS will have the top fighter in the world, along with the credibility that goes with that.

Very good point. Plus there are a lot of expectations for the Emelianenko vs. Arlovski fight on Jan. 24 that will also feature Lindland, Nogueira and Sobral. I also think that the only way for an Org "other than UFC" to survive is to capitalize on PPV...I'd love to see Affliction's new strategy on that...

I dunno. Without the mass telvision coverge, I don't know how enough people will know that there is a PPV. Affliction's first PPV had a bunch of buys, but there is no guarantee their next event will.

They really need more exposure to mass audiences. Hopefully something can be hammered out with CBS. Apparently CBS haven't soured on MMA, only on Pro Elite. CBS was in a position to buy the company and chose not to, which is why Elite went belly up.

Do you post on Sherdog at all?

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:50 PM
What do you like and/or dislike about my profile?

Feel free to tear me to shreds if you like or emphasise what truly stands out.

Thanks!

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:48 PM

Go play on some of the forums and get to know people.:banana:

We are a big happy family, yes we have our ups and downs just like any other family.:laughing:

Have funflowerforyou

And more dysfunctional than most?

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:46 PM

check out the forums, mutual match, get to know people.

There doesn't seem to be many in my area.

Do people who use this site primarily live in the States?

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:41 PM
WOW. LOL This message board is pretty lively. I was expecting to maybe get a response in a day or two.

Thanks for the welcome.

What do I do next? LOL

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:39 PM

no photo
Thu 10/23/08 03:26 PM
I'm new here!

Welp, that's it.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next