Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Thu 11/06/08 09:57 PM
its an 18 month agreement that says you can't work for anyone or company within the industry after voluntary or involuntary termination> I don't think it is legal here either.

And as far as the tardy thing ms carmen I usually am on time. However ONE minute is just crazy.You could get dinged 3 times in one day. The clock in early part by one minute sucks and if you clock out early by one minute bites too especially as a single mom. If my kid is sick i have to leave to pick him up from school and or find last minute child care that 12 in a 6 month period makes me nervous.

I signed the paper though so hopefully it all will work out.

Thanks for your feedback

no photo
Mon 11/03/08 09:47 PM
I am in California and my company has been bought out my a new company who has laid off 90% of its employees. The few who remain are now hourly employees and being forced to sign a non competition agreement that states for 18 months after voluntary or non voluntary we can not be employed with anyone within our industry or affiliated with our industry. Is this really legal? Oh and now if you are one minute early or late for any clock in being the beginning of a shift or lunch or ending a shift it results in a tardy and if you have 12 in a 6 month period will result in termination. Is this legal? I have always known their to be a grace period.

If anyone knows I would appreciate your feedback.

no photo
Mon 08/18/08 09:54 PM
If you did not care about the man in question he would not make you angry!

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25