Community > Posts By > HUST91

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 02:42 PM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 02:46 PM

Did you think the same when interracial marriages aren't allowed? That things were fine and didn't need to change?

keep it on topic... isn't that what you told msharmony? this thread is about gays, not interracial...

I agree that dismissing the earlier posts comparing it to pedophiles on the ground of it being off topic seemed strange. Although the comparison did not seem entirely accurate - a major difference between homosexuals and pedophiles being that pedophiles usually target unwilling or confused children, hurting them, as opposed to consensual lovers wanting to commit to eachother - it did seem pretty on-topic.

He has a decent point though, is this that much different from when interracial couples wanted to marry?

Let's cut to the chase.

Some people are opposed to sex between two members of the same gender because their faiths teach that such behavior is sinful.

Meanwhile, other people have no objection to sex between two members of the same gender because those people don't conform to the teachings of any faith.

Now, just as it would be wrong to try to force a person to accept the teachings of another person's faith, it would be equally wrong to try to force a person to deny the teachings of that person's faith.

I do not know how this particular topic is being handled in other nations, but in the USA, it is unconstitutional to let any religious teaching dictate what is and isn't permissible in civil law.

Personally, I am opposed to any attempt to use a civil government to enforce the teachings of any particular faith. A civil law against certain behavior needs to be based on something that is reasonable and logical to all parties, including atheists and agnostics.

At the same time, I am opposed to any attempt to suppress freedom of religion. People of all faiths should be free to proclaim whatever their faiths teach.

Those are some excellent arguments, though I'm not sure if you're arguing in favor or against gay marriage, or if you're arguing your right to express dislike for it - which I absolutely sagree with, as long as you don't treat other people worse for it.

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 02:25 PM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 02:35 PM

Either? Good for you for admitting your life won't be changed if they're allowed to marry. And you know exactly what my point was. Don't play dumb.

dumb? still not sure what your point is, but no matter how you try to twist things around, my stance on gay marriage will never change... i'll vote no every chance i get, just because you people are telling me what i should/shouldn't think... maybe when the gays calm down and quit telling me i have no choice, then i'll ease up... but i will vote no every time just for that reason...

That's actually a pretty damn compelling reason, a relatable one, even. Maybe not the best when the stakes are people being treated as second class citizens, but who can honestly say they've never been stubborn when you'd think the stakes were more important.
People telling you what to think and do is annoying as all hell.

nothing wrong with the way things are now, so why change it? gays over here seem to be demanding that the non gays accept and embrace gays, and i don't work well with demands...

I don't know if nothing is wrong with it, I mean, you gotta put yourself in their position, right?

Constantly being scared of being found out as liking something most don't, being treated like a freak or like you're worth less than others because of something you can't really help, and on top of this you won't get to marry the one you love that loves you back.

I mean, to me, it seems like something that just shouldn't be happening to anyone in a supposedly first world country unless they've actively tried to hurt someone else.

I totally hear you on the issue with people demanding things from you, though.

Some people don't agree with homosexuality and feel that they should not be able to have the same rights. They won't admit that allowing same sex marriage won't affect their lives.

Maybe they feel that it will?
Or that not voting against it means they support something they really, really don't care for?

I'm just guessing here, trying to see both sides of the issue.
Human emotions aren't usually logical.

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 02:12 PM

Folks, clearly an impasse has been reached in this debate. So, perhaps it would be best just to let this thread die.

NO.
You must stay here and ENTERTAIN ME with your strange arguments.

But seriously(ish) - I would like to know how exactly people that are so against something like homosexuals marrying are thinking. I'm open to any viewpoints, and would like to hear everyone's feelings on the matter.

What I've gathered so far is that some feel that traditional values are being upset, and that their own marriage is soiled by other people of the same gender marrying?

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 01:45 PM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 02:06 PM
D&D3.5 and the other versions (except 4th edition) have always been a favorite. Other favorites of mine have included just about everything that (the now out-of-business) White Wolf studios ever made such as Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, etc and the Aeon Trinity Universe games(my favorite sci fi RPG). I like d20Modern and d20 Future as well.Mutants and Masterminds is a favorite of mine as well since you can pretty much do anything with it.

Those sound like a lot of fun to try - feel free to drop a message if you ever find yourself one player short.:thumbsup:

Welcome, love the profile :-)

great profile Hust.. and welcome to mingle!

D'aaw, thanks. You guys make me blush.
I mean.. uuh... twirl with my manly, viking-y beard.
Or something. :angel:

(Also, love the official policy of ad-hominems not being okay. It's such a simple addition, but in practice it makes the most common form of "acting like a total dick" reportable, AND it encourages people to word what they say as arguments versus arguments instead of a crap-throwing contest.)

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 01:41 PM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 01:51 PM
As a Swede, this is a curious thread to read. Gays are seen here as somewhat peculiar, but other than that we don't really think about it, and it's hard to imagine why so many people would care what goes on in someone else's private life.

Personally, I find the thought of two men doing it gross.
However, I don't see the slightest reason to deny it to the people that enjoy it, much like I don't hate people for liking food that I find gross (despite the odd accusation of 'You like oysters? YOU MONSTER!'), and I find it peculiar that anyone would.

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 12:50 PM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 01:02 PM
Haven't tried all that many, have until recently mostly played freeforms through chat, forum or game.
Recently grown to enjoy the Warhammer 40k games (Techpriest quad-wielding hand-flamethrowers is hilarious) and Dresden Files - been wanting to try a game of DnD 3.5 too, but never found a group.

Care to share your favourites, and do you have any neat or fun stories from the games?
(Anyone is welcome to share their experiences, not just Someone2callymown)

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 12:38 PM
I got this one from somewhere - doesn't seem that unreasonable:
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/270689_404612972920840_1304268817_n.jpg

And some seem to require some of this, which really is a pleasure to provide, if somewhat risky as you have to put your own heart on the line:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7055755520/h0BD2463B/

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 12:16 PM
Humor.
I say it's terrible.
They've somehow gotten the notion that it's great.
Strange people.

HUST91's photo
Mon 05/13/13 07:07 AM
Edited by HUST91 on Mon 05/13/13 07:21 AM
Greetings, fellow human (I, too, am a human, and absolutely not an evul demon)!

You are currently looking at the profile of a Swedish roleplaying/gaming/science geek that is not yet in a mental institution.

Now, you may ask "Why are you here, HUST?"
Why, that's an excellent question!
I'm here to build contacts, and "bars" and "getting drunk parties" hold very little appeal to me, and the chance of finding someone with similar interests is low.
SO! Do you like roleplaying, gaming, science, cyborgs, fantasy, science fiction, storytelling, magic, philosophy or just debating stuff in general?

Then I may well be the weirdo you've been looking for! Unfortunately, I've not had many chances to speak with other people outside the immediate circle of close friends, so I hope you'll forgive me if I'm somewhat awkward at first. This also means I'm both looking for friends to conquer the world with, and someone to share a more serious (by which I mean hilarious) relationship with.

Also, not sure if it's considered okay to post your profile-description-thingy here, but it was such a well-crafted introduction that I just couldn't think of anything better to write.

I mean, uh.. [Insert overly-masculine statement of your choice]

2 Next