Community > Posts By > shareahug

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 03:18 PM

I'm not surprised he pulled that stunt. There's a lot of that going around.
He was probably shocked that you were serious about meeting so he bailed.
No worries. He's not worth your time. Move on and don't take heart to that kind of idiotic behavior.
He's just one of many morons.
flowerforyou

I have learned more here in the past couple of days than I learned in 8 months on other sites...thanks simplicity..you always seem to come to my rescue...you're right...I think some have a check list..they contact 10 people and see how many are interested..except they are interested in none...sick>sick>sick.....drama like a group of little girls...

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:59 PM
Thanks..that's what I'm doing now is making friends..this site is unique in comparison to most others....so friends it is until...the fisherman himself reels me in...

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:54 PM

The up-side is that you didn't spend three hours waiting in a coffee shop for no one to show. I hate it when that happens, and it happens too often.

As far as meeting someone, a quick look at your profile tells me that you've got a very limited window for men that aren't, well, let's just say "scared" to meet you. Just a suggestion, but you might want to widen your age range and distance a little. If they can't email you, you can't meet them.

Oh my ! please explain...I appreciate you looking at my profile..why would I scare men...I know I am pretty damned complex but it's who I am...I am a ball of laughter too...what would you suggest I do..go younger...distance wise ..Idon't contact men too far because they always say it's too far...HELP!

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:47 PM

Of course their is, it just takes' time to find someone whose seriously interested and isn't playing games. Life is tough sometimes, but we need to learn from it.

I've been at this for 8 months...different dating sites..same crap on them all except here...allthe same men are on most of the other sites too....that's why I stuck here....

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:46 PM
Yep...I took care of my dying husband for 3 1/2 years...after he passed I knew I had to make a life for myself so I did...the last thing was dating..I waited over a year but have been playing the dating site game for about 8 months..now...have met a coupld of nic eguys who wer emaybe more nto me than I them ...but we have remained friends..I have made a few friends from out of state...did one long distance relationship....it's too hard, expensive and hurtful..so that's not an option...I have a full bucket...all that's missing is that special someone to share with...

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:27 PM
But it's so damned disappointing to the other person..why are they even on dating sites...what is a cup of coffee?? How rude and immature....I'm starting to really believe there isn't an honest person on any dating site..I knowmen go through this too...but it's really getting to me...Ihave been alone a long time...I have had to be at times...times up...I would like a partner...at this rate will never find anyone normal...I have met my share of liars and concealer, players...and just plain old nuts....it's getting really discouraging but I don't want to be alone the rest of my life...can I be??? Of course..I'm strong, independent, confident...and also feminine, loving kind and gentle...but Lord is there no one out there who wants companionship, fun, sharing and love anymore....

shareahug's photo
Fri 11/02/12 02:12 PM
I met a man two days ago on here...we e-mailed back and forth...he asked me if I would like to meet for coffee today...at a certain place with a 3 hour window..of time..I said I would love to...just close up the time limit a little for me...never heard from him ...today ...so I sent him a message saying "I gues we aren't meeting for coffee , I don't think that was very nice" ...I freed my afternoon so I could meet him and then he's a Houdini.....now you see him ..now you don't...why do people do this...I can't say men because I know men who have gone through the same thing...what are they thinking..and why talk to someone in the first place or aske the to meet and then disappear..can someone explain this behaviour to me...I must be a friggin nut job...

shareahug's photo
Thu 11/01/12 02:28 PM
Catchme....the majority were one hour coffee dates...on the average two a month...I need to meet someone to get the feel of them...I can't do that in back of a computer...I have to see that they're real...that they haven't posted someone else's picture..and some have..so why wouldn't I have coffee immediately...?????and waste my time typing to someone who isn't even real....what about all the scammers out of Nigeria and GHANA>....come on...at least with an hour cup of coffee I know if I want to continue to talk to the person...

shareahug's photo
Wed 10/31/12 07:02 PM
Green Eyes...my sincerest sympathy...I lost my midle daughter 15 years ago...she was 21 and at the height of her life..so I know how your heart feels......

Simplicity ..thanks...the Jackass I've been dealing with ...comes clean Monday night...we work all out..and then today he asks me to friend him on FB ..I do...he accepts immediately and sends me all these great songs....and then in a flash his whole account is deleted...he is more drama than a group of Middle school girls....I don't need this crap in my life...always wondering....worrying...I want a happy, committed partnership..full of peace and love and sharing..not this crap....but I've been looking for 8 months now....different dating sites..and nothing...I have an appt monday with a match maker..don't think I can afford it though.....so I will continure to dream and be lonely....

shareahug's photo
Mon 10/29/12 12:55 PM
Thanks Navygirl...for understanding and the welcome....I'm sorry you understand...that means you've been in my shoes...waving

shareahug's photo
Mon 10/29/12 10:27 AM
SE Philly suburbs ....Delaware County...flowerforyou

shareahug's photo
Mon 10/29/12 10:25 AM
I was looking for a spot to write this and I think maybe I found it...Ihave been married twice...22 years and 16..first ended in divorce...he was an abusive alcoholic....and the second ended just about 2 years ago through death...he had lung and bone cancer...now I am used to being married....love the partnership...I had with my second husband..I like to share and have someone to laugh and talk with and of course miss the intimacy..my 3 closest girlfriends have all passed..all young...so I am very alone....I lost my middle daughter 15 years ago...have two grown daughter and two grandchildren..they all have their own lives and we spend as much time together as possible....but I WANT MY OWN LIFE>...I have done what I should do..I have grieved, gone to support groups, taken classes, volunteered(thought I was lucky to retire at 54) ....so I feel I have a good life..all that's missing is that special someone to share with....I have met 16 men in a period of 8 months....all with issues...trust, commitment, work 90 hours a week....spend every weekend with their kids....why they are on dating sites advertising that they want to be in a relationship is beyond me...I have met liars, drunks, creeps.....each of them tells me I am prettier in person a nd look ten years younger....have a great personality (not shy, not hard to talk to)....and have a fantastic sense of humor....so what is the problem..that I cannot meet an honest man...online....in my state ...around my age...I should throw all that in..I have many men who want to fall in love online from CA ...I'm in PA...that doesn't work for me...what to do...what to do..

shareahug's photo
Sun 10/28/12 07:49 PM
Hi everyone....thanks so much...no I am not in love with him..couldn't be aftera cup of coffeee and a few phone calls...I think I am drawn to nice looking dysfunctional men...and have been trying to figure him out...he's been keeping me around and I've been done for awhile..but can't seem to STOP all contact..I just closed down the only e-mail adddress that he has...I know there's something very wrong with him..player, married, live-in girlfriend...crazy...etc..I don't know...I don;t even have his cell phone number because he keeps telling me that he's had to have the number changed twice so I can only call him at work..he's off Friday and Sat and I have never once heard from him or seen him..am I an ******* or what.....thank you all for slamming some sense into me...Ihave been alone for a long time..and I think a senseof urgency is hitting me ....because this I seem to always meet deceitful men online...the loneliness is killing me..of course I would never tell any of them that...I am so glad I found this site...Good night all PEACE!

shareahug's photo
Sun 10/28/12 03:19 PM
Met a man online the end of August...we met for coffee on 9/14...haven't seen him since...we talk on the phone twice a week..he tells me both of his marriages and every relationship since he's a rescuer have been bombs..he rescues the woman and then she dumps him so he claims to be so afraid of going too fast...TOO FAST....not a second date in 6 weeks...and yet he send sme pictures of his kids, asks me if he spent the day with me if I would be upset if he didn't spend the night , asks me if I came and hung out with him at work would I automatically expect to go home with him...I have blown him off and he always comes back...BUT...I need to shake this guy out of my life...i haven't slept in 3 days trying to figure out something that can't be figured out and I know it...I'm not sure whether to just let him do all the calling and be somewhat unavailable..not mention anything about anything..have generic phone calls....send him an e-mail and tell him how I feel...or just not answer my phone....my second husband had trust issues but wasn't this bad....all points to him hiding something but my gut tells me he's not...what to do ...what to do...

shareahug's photo
Sun 10/28/12 03:13 PM
I'm lonely.

2 Next