Community > Posts By > Corkycat

Corkycat's photo
Mon 02/20/12 09:09 AM
Soufiehere and DammGirllee you are both right.

Soufiehere is spot on. You cannot force the pieces to fit. I liked the guy but didn't fancy him. The fancying part might have come at a later date - I take time to get to know someone.

He liked AND fancied me and made it plain.

When I met my late husband we worked together. We became friends and it deepened into something more. We were together 12 years and married for 7 of them. I was always comfortable in his presence.

I was not comfortable with this man for some reason even though he was very nice. On hindsight, we should have met away from his house (or mine for that matter) on neutral territory.

I will try your two week rule DammGirllee as apart from him holding my hand, giving me a hug (or 10) there was no intimate involvement but I think he's the type that once rebuffed, even perceived that's it for him.

For those of you into astrology, he is a Scorpio and I am Sagittarius - a water sign and a fire sign and, seemingly, not the best of combinations.

Corkycat's photo
Mon 02/20/12 06:56 AM
Been chatting to a man on another site. He had a lot in common and got on really well. We swapped phone numbers and conversation flowed. We decided to meet.

We didn't gel :(

We have everything in common, some of which is really uncanny. He was really keen to start a relationship. I felt he was moving too fast. The other mistake I made was meeting him at his house (I know, not the safest thing in the world), the reason for this is we both play the same musical instrument so had a bit of a jam session which was the best part of the "date".

Unfortunately, after a couple of hours I started to feel quite unwell and cut short the meeting as I had a long drive home. He was not happy that I left and made that clear. He seemed quite hurt. I have not heard from him since, nor have I contacted him. My phone did ring last evening and it was a withheld number. I know everyone who's got my number and I think it may have been him but whoever it was didn't say anything and hung up. Could easily have been a wrong number.

He did tell me he was the type who wore his heart on his sleeve (he does) and had been hurt in the past.

What gets me is how can two people who have so much in common just not gel when it comes to meeting.

I'm the type of person who really needs to get to know a person before I can take that relationship further and I did tell him this on more than one occasion in the course of conversations before we met.

It seems a shame because we had the basis for a very good relationship and him trying to rush things scared me off. He wanted us to enter a full-on, committed relationship there and then. I'm a bit more cautious and wanted to be friends first and see how things progressed.

I'm also a widow. He is a divorcee and has been living alone for many years. We're both in our 50s so not exactly spring chickens!

Corkycat's photo
Mon 02/20/12 06:36 AM
Hi. Just joined. Haven't put a profile pic up yet but I'm a widow living in the UK.

1 2 4 Next