Community > Posts By > AmethystWyne

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/27/20 11:13 AM

I don't think you can say someone is not a trusting person for not wanting to give out his number. There are loads of scammers out there and not everyone with a female photo is a female. You yourself express a lot of hesitancy in giving your number. Maybe guys pick up on the fact you aren't trusting? j/k I actually think its a good policy

Guys tend to be too trusting and get taken very often. Maybe just have their number or email put on a spam list, maybe something worse. It doesn't pay to be too trusting nowdays

May I invite you to read again and not jump to incorrect conclusions?
I was not talking about a man not wanting to give his phone number at all. I was talking to the OP about his attitude towards women who don't want to give their phone nr and talk over the phone.
The topic isn't about a man not wanting to give his phone nr btw. In case you missed that.
It's also not a competition for who gets taken the most. Men often think it's them, while in actual fact it happens to women an awful lot. Too many men out there pretending to be relationship material.

Agreed. The online dating platform has become a breeding ground for scammers and no one is exempt from it. It pays for all to be more careful when looking for a potential life partner. I have met a couple of people from here, and face to face there wasn't the connection that we had over the phone and texting, but it was still a slow process for me to get to that point.

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/27/20 11:07 AM
Edited by AmethystWyne on Sun 12/27/20 11:07 AM
Far from

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/27/20 04:02 AM
Picket fence

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/27/20 04:00 AM

I don't think you can say someone is not a trusting person for not wanting to give out his number. There are loads of scammers out there and not everyone with a female photo is a female. You yourself express a lot of hesitancy in giving your number. Maybe guys pick up on the fact you aren't trusting? j/k I actually think its a good policy

Guys tend to be too trusting and get taken very often. Maybe just have their number or email put on a spam list, maybe something worse. It doesn't pay to be too trusting nowdays

Except that the original comment was more about the lack of willingness on the part of women to give out their numbers. I don't personally want a ton of people to have my phone number, especially after only a few days. And the "standard protocol" does not take into account a person's comfort level, it will vary from person to person. There is no set protocol. Things can progress only when both parties are equally comfortable with each other.

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/27/20 03:49 AM
Goal posts

AmethystWyne's photo
Tue 12/22/20 06:58 PM

well I'm often asking myself. " what is she scared of that she won't talk to me in person? ". UNLESS they're a fake!

Not always. I've personally had a few bad experiences with meeting someone offline before I was ready to. But I would still like to think that a real person would be honest with you about it and voice any concerns to you.

don't you think you could exchange numbers and at least talk to that person before you meet? I mean find out if that person is real or not some robot

I've done that and have had to block several phone numbers. So I don't give it out right away until I feel a little bit more comfortable with the person. I don't use chat apps anymore and I prefer to be careful about it now. It may not be the ideal solution, but it's working for me right now.

AmethystWyne's photo
Tue 12/22/20 06:54 PM
Football field

AmethystWyne's photo
Tue 12/22/20 06:16 PM
I also have a 19 year old daughter that sees everything I do and I want to be sure that she understands that a good strong relationship takes time and effort. I'm her model for her life and I would like to see her eventually settle down with a good man. So I am trying to set a good example for her. :hugging:

AmethystWyne's photo
Tue 12/22/20 05:02 PM
Cotton ball

AmethystWyne's photo
Tue 12/22/20 05:01 PM

Saying "make the boy earn it" sounds like playing games. Who wants someone who plays games?

I don't necessarily agree that it's playing games. I've had a few people who after 2 messages want me to give them my phone number. I've had a couple of people who as soon as they get off the site, their attitude changes, and I have had some come out with a sob story that requires some money on my part. So I can see the benefits of making someone put in a little bit of work and effort to get to the next step. If they truly want to get to know you, they will be willing to make the effort. Male or female. I can get a hundred men who say the same thing....... I'm looking for the gentleman who is the standout of the bunch. No one should have to settle for less.

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 08:17 PM
Padded Room :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 08:15 PM
Agreed....... Both people need to keep their eyes open and take their time getting to know each other.

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 07:42 PM
Turkey Dressing

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 07:38 PM
Salad mix lol (my brain shorted here)

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 06:41 PM
Garden salad

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 06:27 PM
Beer garden

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 06:25 PM
Light post

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 06:12 PM
Red alert

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 06:05 PM

well I'm often asking myself. " what is she scared of that she won't talk to me in person? ". UNLESS they're a fake!

Not always. I've personally had a few bad experiences with meeting someone offline before I was ready to. But I would still like to think that a real person would be honest with you about it and voice any concerns to you.

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 04:53 PM

all these women want to text only. why can't we talk in person like normal people? its infuriating

women have a lot more to lose than we do....so most will test us in order to

see if we are what we say we are.....every woman should ''make the boy earn

it''.....when a man works for something he appreciates it lot more and that

includes a woman's time ect......

I do agree with you Cleve, but I would also like to add that a woman also needs to be able and willing to put in the work for a damned good man too. :hugging:

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 15