Community > Posts By > Sammy Dan

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 02:13 PM
Edited by Sammy Dan on Wed 05/01/19 02:22 PM
Tell you a little secret soufiehere.

You see, cheese takes the fire out of the peppers. These are not very hot. Unlike most Texans, I don't like heat that makes you run for the milk to cool it down. I like it more on the side of if you eat a bowl, at the end you discover there's a bit of pepper in it. Not something you have to call the fire department to dowse out.

Tell you what. You get brave, get one pepper and try it. Just one. I think you'll find they are not as hot as you believe.

*edit*

After posting this I realized I'd left something out. The fire of the pepper is in the seeds and the membrane. That's why you take it out. You want it hotter then don't remove the seeds and membrane.

After cooked these are more on the level of a bell pepper someone added some pepper too, not fire and brimstone.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 01:09 PM
Well since the Quesadillas went over well enough to have a bit of interest, let's try another fav. I'll be willing to bet there are a bunch of ways that will come up in this one.

×,.·´¨'°÷·..§Poppers§.·´¨'°÷·..×

Fresh whole jalapeno peppers
Cream cheese
Bacon

Remember when you buy the peppers they are going to make 2 poppers. Since I'm not that great a fan of frying I won't be going through a batter.

Slice stem end off each pepper. Cut the pepper in half lengthwise. Take a spoon and use it to remove the membrane and seeds out. Fill the cavity with cream cheese and then take a slice of bacon and wrap spirally around the outside of the pepper. At this point some will figure out how to tuck the end of the bacon to keep it in position or if it's chinese puzzle then toothpicks are in order to hold the end there.

Have grill prepared. I'm going to take a moment here on the grill before we finish up with this. First I tend to use charcoal for the taste. Charcoal adds that something to the food that just slaps your taste buds and tells them wake up.

Now I usually use a charcoal chimney. You put the charcoal in it, put two sheets of newspaper under the bottom, light the paper, it in turn lights the charcoal. No fluid starter taste is involved.

Once it's ready for the grill, the next thing I do is arrange the charcoal. I prefer a two zone charcoal bed. 2/3rds of your lit coals are on 1/2 side of the grill and 1/3 on the other half. This gives you a hot and cooler side. Oil grate and put in place.

You're now ready to cook your poppers. Put them on the hot side until they are near done, then move to the cooler side until cooked. This makes room for more on the hot side. Remove poppers when they are cooked.

PIG OUT!!!!

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 11:46 AM
Edited by Sammy Dan on Wed 05/01/19 11:47 AM
They are good. Lots of uses for them.

Somethings they don't tell you.

1. They give you a steamer stand. Its very small, buy one that opens up like a flower and gives a larger surface. You can get one for around $7 at Walmart.

2. The ring seal has a tendency to smell. Buy a second one so you can swap them out. Put one in the freeze after cleaning. Of course let it thaw out before using.

3. There are tons of recipes on line for it. Also, you can use pressure cooker recipes as well. They are pretty much transferable by my experience.

4. Since you can saute as well as pressure cook, any meat you intend to marinade, slice up, (IE for fajitas) before the marinade. It gets the flavors in that way. Then saute, turn off unit, add marinade, and cook that way.

5. There are two ways to let the pressure off, one fast by using the relief valve, one by just letting it sit there and usually within 15 minutes or so it's bled down. What they don't tell you is if you have cabinets or something over the unit, the steam will hit them. Go buy a 1 1/2" CPVC 90 from a hardware store, it will redirect the steam away from them. It's a cheap fix for the issue.

On the whole I'm pleased and happy with it.

*edit* removed failed formatting

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 10:10 AM
Been a while but was really into low n slow, ie smoking.

I grill once in a while now, not as often as I did before. I enjoy grilling but it is what it is.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 09:52 AM
Welcome Guinevere. Not long ago found this nut house. Hope you find what you seek. It's a big world out there.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 09:46 AM
Haven't done it in a while but at some point will probably do some posting on low n slow smoking. Used to cut and dry my own smoking wood.

Another thing I've been trying out is an instantpot. You want to talk about skirt steak that will melt in your mouth...oh my word. Make up a marinade, let it sit overnight in the fridge, put marinade in with meat, and when done watch out.

You liable to be the victim of strangulation as your tongue tries to get to it before your lips.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 09:39 AM
Doing the usual, had my coffee so human again. I try to stay away from that flu thing you ladies are talking of. Somehow it just don't wear well. *smiles*

Best of luck in kicking it.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 09:22 AM
I almost never make them unless I got the grill heated and ready. I love to grill but haven't done much of it in a while. Is a lot of setup and clean up for only one.

Don't think too much of fast food junk. Dang I cook better than that and am almost always disappointed at fast food.

TxsGal mentioned her air frier, I just got one and have been putting it to use. Never was one much for fried foods beyond browning in most cases. Guess it's the grease. So far am happy with the reduction in grease and did a rotisserie cornish hen the other night. Was right nice.

One thing for sure, you wanna eat regularly, best learn to cook.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 08:44 AM
Quesadilla maker? My, they make all sorts of things today. Never thought I'd hear of such. Of course I live in a small town and things folk take for granted seeing every day somehow I miss.

Usually I don't mention the jalapenos. Most folk don't seem to like anything with heat beyond tabasco sauce. Thought I'd try a couple of avocado trees. Maybe they will survive my lack of care. I'd surely like some fresh guac from time to time that I got for free.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 08:25 AM
Pandora's Star

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 08:23 AM
Calendars is one of those topics that stretch way back. Back even before writing.

You see, the seasons were important to life itself and whether primitive man lived or not. During the age when man began planting and harvesting his own crops.

If you check historic sites, you'll find all over the world viewing the heavens was important to them. To know when to plant, when to harvest, was part of life itself.

So some of the first calendars were known as ground calendars. Basically a fixed observation point to look at the night sky, and using what was at the horizon as markers to track the stars in the sky. To know when spring, summer, fall, and winter equinoxes had arrived.

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 01:38 AM
That my oration was fitting as a memorial for our recently passed room owner. We found out last night.

My DJ stream was dedicated to her and received quite a few "well saids".

Sammy Dan's photo
Wed 05/01/19 01:23 AM
I like to grill. So what's the worst thing? To have company show up early and the food isn't ready yet. What to do to cure that? Quesadillas.

Making them is drop dead easy, fast to grill, once prepared, near instant appetizer. Make your quesadillas ahead of time, you have a quick item to give your guests.

Ingredients

tortillas
cheese
onion
bell pepper

Chop onion and bell pepper into small pieces. Saute. Lay on a paper towel if you used any oil.

Take a paper towel, lay on a plate. Put one tortilla then cover with another paper towel. Do this as many times as needed. For one tortilla, put 20 seconds on the microwave. For every other tortilla, add 10 seconds. Nuke in microwave at full power.

Lay a layer/slices of cheese on one 1/2 the tortilla, add some of the onion and bell pepper, and top with another layer/slices of cheese. Fold tortilla in half.

Take to prepared grill, lay on grill, watch close so it doesn't burn. It won't take long, a minute or so. Pull off, cut into three pie shaped wedges, give to guests.

Keep in mind you can add ingredients. Things like lunch meat, whatever. You're limited by your imagination. For myself I don't saute that way. I use an air fryer so no oil is involved.

Happy grilling.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 09:58 PM
hmmm, nope, just me....

Errrr... Dee?

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 07:13 PM
I see someone drug this one out of the dust bin. Well I look but right now not in a hurry. Finally found the filters to kill a lot of the scammers. Some get through but not many.

I've never had a problem in the short time I've been here with reading profiles. It gives me an idea of who is here, what their interests are, who's been here a while and not as much looking as being social.

Takes time to learn a site.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 05:59 PM
Welcome to Mingle Mr.Sohail. Hope you find more fun than you can handle.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 02:23 PM
Right now, not really looking for anyone. More checking out the community and seeing what it's about. I am sure the day will come, just not today.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 02:01 PM
I get the freebee... *chuckles*

Riverspirit for next poster.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 01:24 PM

You didn't hear a Banshee?

Nope, now live in Texas and we have two legendary critters to snipe hunt,

The chupacabra and the jackalope.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 12:05 PM
Hot, you get to watch the action.