1livemusicfreak1's photo
Tue 04/26/11 06:48 PM
I listen to all kinds of music, literally; there's something from every genre in my collection. However, the music that gets my soul the best is classic rock. I grew up listening to those songs, and I still love them.

My dad introduced me to Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, the Doors, and the Doobie Brothers when I was little. I learned the Beatles, Dylan, CSN and Zeppelin listening to the classic rock radio stations when I was growing up.

Dad's band did a lot of what is now considered classic country... I like that stuff too... the outlaws mainly - Merle, Johnny, Waylon, Willie and the boys.

Mom listened to Motown so I guess I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Temptations, the Supremes and the Four Tops.

I could go on and on... so maybe I'll stop now before I really get on a roll... :)

1livemusicfreak1's photo
Tue 04/26/11 06:37 PM
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals are getting significant time in the CD player these days... Jackie Greene... Crowes...Merle Haggard...

1livemusicfreak1's photo
Tue 04/26/11 06:35 PM
Favorite guitarists... a topic true to my own heart... :)

For starters:
Hendrix
Bonnie Raitt
Clapton
Page
Warren Haynes (towards the top of the list)
Derek Trucks
Luther Dickinson
Rich Robinson
Stephen Stills

But my all time no-contest favorite guitarist is... wait for it... drumroll...

Duane Allman

Has anyone seen his guitar at the Rock Hall of Fame in Cleveland? It's pretty trippy...

2 Next