Community > Posts By > Conrad_73

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:42 AM

Who was it said something like
Those who give up essential freedom for a little more safety deserve neither freedom nor safety, or something like that.

I agree, but I do wonder why those who we know are a threat are not just taken away and buried somewhere.
Some people will say if we do that we are just the same as them and that would make us lawless.
I'd say that was us taking care of our own, as we have failed to do for years now.
“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
yep,old Ben Franklin!

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:41 AM

Would it be acceptable for a government to temporarily close down a social media site?
In the event of a terrorist attack would you be comfortable letting them 'switch it off 'even just for a few hours so the terrorists can't communicate ?
Possibly mobile phone networks to in the same situation?

...........and when would you know when to shut down which Communications?

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:40 AM

the Perps are using the Deep Web!
Would be useless to shut down normal Socializing Sites!
It would be just another Case of Government Paranoia and Over-reach!

I disagree, for the deep rooted then yes but for the more 'home grown ' then I'd say it's a tool for them. just using a simple site like this would give them communication.
Just by 'turning it off ' for a couple of hours would interrupt a means for them.

............and they will turn to any other Communications possible,from Landlines,to Ham-Radio to Citizen's-Band-Radio!

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:36 AM
Edited by Conrad_73 on Thu 06/08/17 11:37 AM
https://fee.org/articles/we-wont-stop-terror-by-sacrificing-internet-privacy/

Government’s main and possibly only purpose should be the protection of its citizens. We delegate this responsibility to our governments so that we can better use our time to enjoy leisure activities and civilized pursuits not associated with law enforcement and security protection. When a government no longer provides that security and stability for its citizens, they rarely exist much past that point.

How much of our freedom do we relinquish to secure our cities and our way of life?

Benjamin Franklin once said, “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Many interpretations of this quote exist in relation to the current state of radical Islamic terrorism plaguing many countries throughout the world. How much of our freedom do we relinquish to secure our cities and our way of life?

Massive Online Monitoring

Benjamin Wittes, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and the editor of, Lawfare, was interviewed a few years ago by Robert Siegel of NPR, stating that Franklin’s quote was misunderstood in the context of a changing landscape of threats and the digital revolution. He states,

It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it’s almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means.”

Considering the most recent terror attack in London, which left 7 people dead and 50+ people injured thus far, English Prime Minister Theresa May has called for a massive uptick in online monitoring of social media accounts, among other measures, to monitor communication channels in hopes of locating and preventing terror attacks.

“We cannot allow this ideology the safe space it needs to breed  –  yet that is precisely what the internet, and the big companies that provide internet-based services provide,” Ms. May said. But what does that mean?

Charles Arthur at The Guardian and Andrew Griffin at The Independent make a case for the exact opposite intent occurring from drastic measures that Ms. May is proposing.

The Internet is not a cause of this hatred and violence.

“If successful, Theresa May could push these vile networks into even darker corners of the web, where they will be even harder to observe,” wrote Jim Killock, the executive director of the Open Rights Group, “But we should not be distracted: the Internet and companies like Facebook are not a cause of this hatred and violence, but tools that can be abused. While governments and companies should take sensible measures to stop abuse, attempts to control the Internet is not the simple solution that Theresa May is claiming.”<more>

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:10 AM

If you look behind the curtain both parties are controlled by a combination of corporate intrests globalists and a criminal cabal led by the Russian mafia. Israel is stealing the latest US technology and giving it to the Russians. The USA is no longer a democracy and its populace is brainwashed by its corrupt media.

The USofA is a Republic,not a Democracy!

Conrad_73's photo
Thu 06/08/17 11:06 AM
the Perps are using the Deep Web!
Would be useless to shut down normal Socializing Sites!
It would be just another Case of Government Paranoia and Over-reach!

Conrad_73's photo
Wed 06/07/17 11:59 AM
The Holderite Re-distribution-Scam!laugh

Conrad_73's photo
Wed 06/07/17 11:57 AM

Ms. Harmony,

Hello my good friend of M2, you right maybe not totally rewrite it but change it to make it truly universal. the bill of rights as well. why can't we change them. if they getting ready to delete paper dollars for a cashless society, what's outdated bills?

Look at the ruckus created by trying to change the 2nd amendment. Even the notion of changing it divides our nation.

While I agree with msharmony that we need to amend some things we should be very careful as to how we do it.

Not only does any amendment need to pertain to current circumstances but it needs to be written in a way that will promote the union of our nation in the future as well.

That is why many amendments have been made and are now defunct because they addressed the current sentiments at the time but gave no consideration to our union in the future after the sentiments changed.

We all feel there should be laws to address our personal wrongs. The laws pertaining to a nation should address all the people of that nation equally. To set a policy for a specific group isolates that group from the nation as a whole. It divides the nation.

We have all these conflicts BECAUSE we are not following the intent of UNION.
We are no longer We The People, we are Me, Me, Me.
We have done this to ourselves.

A change is certainly needed but the change needs to be a reversion to initial concepts of our nation not more clutter and conflict.
Some policies and laws need to be rewritten to remove the division of union.
Others need no revision but need to be heeded.

Our society is so caught up in the ability that we can change things that we fail to see that some thing don't need to be changed.
Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

The Bill Of Rights only enumerates those RIGHTS,it does NOT bestow them!
They are inherent in The People!

Today, when a concerted effort is made to obliterate this point, it cannot be repeated too often that the Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals—that it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government—that it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizens’ protection against the government.

Rand

“The Nature of Government,”

Conrad_73's photo
Wed 06/07/17 11:52 AM

Conrad_73,

Hello my good man, I don't believe in those laws & bills. I'm telling you that was placed to prevent a monarch society. Freemasons wrote that for the interest of white America. don't get me wrong I love all people from black to white to blue & whatever. but I am against human education against lies.
yeah,you keep telling me,now bring some proof,objective proof,since you made the claim!laugh

Conrad_73's photo
Wed 06/07/17 10:05 AM

good evening my majestic family of M2, its a philly mess today rain off & On but I'm here foe you all regardless. shouts out to "Ms. Harmony, " Alleoops", Greeneyes148", "37KO","Ciretom", Tom4UHere" and many others that follows my stuff..Okay, lets get back to my comfort zone, I have to being the controversy. you love my controversial topics brought back by popular demand, so let's get right into it. Today's Hot Tea is I know this going to rub some the wrong way but if I didn't do it like that, I be just another guy posting nonsense. Today we going to talk about the American Constitution. Its funny I brought that up I live here in Philadelphia, downtown is the constitution hall where it was originally written. When I see the wall of constitution I have mixed feelings. Let me explain, okay before I continue if this will offend you please skip my forum. I'm not going to cater to those too close minded. If you want to share , read on! okay my mixed feeling towards our constitution is meant well, but once again I don't think that was written for minorities especially blacks. You got to remember we was considered 2nd class citizens. Those laws was written by old world masons and those was written to set up equality among men but its so we don't have a monarch kingdom. I think it should be rewritten include all, make it universal. The rewrite should include women & immigrants that migrate here legally. I more interested in hearing wisdom, oppositions, & people that agree with a rewrite. Hell, we have Aliens & Hybrids walk among us, include them too. So let's talk about this, I am very interested to hearing from you all. Like I always say all replies will be responded.
We'll talk soon!
EyeAmYouHost39
I suggest you reread the Constitution again,and do some extensive reading of the Reasons why the Framers did arrive at the Constitution and Bill of Rights!

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 11:02 AM

if my habit is drinking tea and i would want to stop does switching to coffee help? do you replace a habit or you should just stop? how do you deal with withdrawal symptoms?

Goodness me, who in their right mind would want to stop drinking tea.

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And wisdom to know the difference

that sounds familiar!happy

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 11:00 AM

Habits are basically compulsions. Replacing one compulsion for another only changes the substance but doesn't address the core compulsion initiator.
Switching from bourbon to beer, smoking cigarettes to smoking pretzels or shopping to sex doesn't fix the reason for over-indulgence. Sure, one is better for you than the other but failure to moderate oneself is the culprit not the item being abused.

Withdraw is a physical reaction to the loss of a substance or influence. When I was fighting alcohol, I was told to take prenatal vitamins and drink a lot of water. It did help. When fighting my depression I found that pickle juice and red grapefruit juice helped. I am still trying to get a handle on my smoking. The nicotine patches help but that compulsion is difficult for me to overcome because I have done it so long.

I seriously recommend a book called
Search for Serenity
Author: Lewis F. Presnall

It talks a lot about human compulsions and how to gain self-control.
Its been years since I've read it, perhaps I should reread it too.
Might help with my smoking habit.

available at Hazelden,hmm?:thumbsup:

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:19 AM
hang a Uniform on some,and their Heads get so big,they hardly fit through the Doorway!
That's probably why Doormen usually stand outside of the Door!laugh

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:15 AM

I was just going to post a similar subject but you've done a good job .
With the increase in these types of attack will this become the norm and the effect will lessen?

I do not believe it will increase, we only will continue to be increasingly aware. Which is whats happening now. These types of things happened all over the world since forever, but they JUST started being reported to US by US so it seems like something new and growing.

It is an ever present battle the world must continue to rail against. But we kill ourselves much more commonly than any outsiders do.

It's has been going on since the Inception of Islam,it is it's very nature!
Conquer the World in the Name of Allah!

it has been going on since before people created any religious labels
conquer the world in the name of (power, territory, nationalism, racism,,,etc,,,)

you might want to do some more reading!
Islam has been killing for 1400 years straight,not showing any moderation!
We're not talking about others,we are talking about Islam,and it's time to stop the Obfuscation,b-b-b-but others..................

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:11 AM

Who the f**K do they think they are?
I think dean baquet thinks he runs the show at what ever cost!

The N.Y Times, N.Y. Post and The Daily News ( the 3 N.Y.C. newspapers) have been battling it out for well over 100 years to beat each other on a daily basis. They hate each other...and will do most anything to beat the others morning headline.

Unfortunately, they really don't care who they step on.. what they leak or who they upset. they are about 1 thing only.. selling papers.

Yes, my thoughts to, just a pity greed takes over there purpose
I wonder how the one tonight will pan out!

I think there's a little more to it than greed. And the particular variant of greed is a bit complicated.

It is true that the profit motive is the most powerful factor in American news. This is why we get so many expose type scandal stories, as well as why lots of reporters make rush-to-judgement decisions about the information they have. The biggest audience, and therefor the biggest profits, always go to the people who get the story FIRST, and not to the ones who show WISDOM about their reporting. It has always been the unfortunate nature of capitalism, that businesses which adhere to high ideals, only succeed over those who don't, by accident. It's why all capitalist societies need to be regulated. But we can't regulate the news, if we are to have a truly free press to protect us from liars and other scalawags, so we must occasionally suffer this kind of nonsense instead.

come on,Government regulating Free Speech?
Goat watching the Cabbage-Patch?laugh

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:09 AM
The NY-Slimes!
Stalin's personal Apologist!

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:06 AM

I was just going to post a similar subject but you've done a good job .
With the increase in these types of attack will this become the norm and the effect will lessen?

I do not believe it will increase, we only will continue to be increasingly aware. Which is whats happening now. These types of things happened all over the world since forever, but they JUST started being reported to US by US so it seems like something new and growing.

It is an ever present battle the world must continue to rail against. But we kill ourselves much more commonly than any outsiders do.

It's has been going on since the Inception of Islam,it is it's very nature!
Conquer the World in the Name of Allah!

Conrad_73's photo
Sun 06/04/17 08:03 AM

It's about time the good Muslims in the world stood up to be counted.
I can't remember a march or protest or anything to show that they are disgusted as much as we are.
The silence from the Muslim community is deafening after these attacks.

People say it's nothing to do with Islam but it's hard to separate the two at times like this.
By ignoring the show, you're ignoring the audience who put you there.

where are they?

Conrad_73's photo
Sat 06/03/17 07:55 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kathy-griffin-said-in-2016-she-wanted-to-beat-down-donald-and-barron-trump/article/2624828

Kathy Griffin said in 2016 she wanted to 'beat down' Donald and Barron Trump

Kathy Griffin told a reporter for Vulture that she would be "happy to deliver a beat down" to both Donald and Barron Trump in December 2016.

"You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, but my edge is that I'll go direct for Barron," Griffin said at the Equality Now Gala on December 6. "I'm going to get in ahead of the game."

Griffin also indicated that she would be happy to join the rest of the comedians making jokes about Trump as well.

"Now more than ever we must absolutely go for all the absurdities," she said. "For me, that's Trump and all things Trump. It's not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beat down. It's his turn."

"So I'm happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron," she said.

Griffin received bipartisan criticism after a photo of her holding a bloodied Trump head broke on Tuesday.

"Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son Barron, are having a hard time with this," Trump tweeted in response to the image.

Griffin apologized again on Friday, and broke down in tears as she said she has received death threats and that her career is over as she has lost jobs because of the outrage over the photo.

Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 31, 2017

One of Kathy Griffin's lawyers said at a press conference on Friday that they did not believe Barron was really affected by the image, and suggested that Trump may have lied about it.

the "Woman" is udder Trash!

Conrad_73's photo
Sat 06/03/17 07:23 AM
Edited by Conrad_73 on Sat 06/03/17 07:25 AM

she didn't ask or say anything though

she merely posed for a photo for a photographer that was making a play on Trumps words about blood from the eyes,,,

yeah,Hinkley only shot at Reagan,probably didn't want to injure him!grumble
Suppose someone did the same stunt,but held up Obama's Head,or Hillary's?

yeah, the action of having a gun, aiming it and shooting it AT someone is exactly the same as posing with a prop and a quote of someones words,,,,,,laugh

............and hoping like Hell some Nut acts on her Cue!
Henry-etta II trying to create her own Becket!