Community > Posts By > ThunderOrb

ThunderOrb's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:32 PM

After graduation is what sucks. Paying back those loans is such a rip off. Gonna tell my kids (when I have them) to get nothing but grants and absolutely no friggin private loans.

I'm hoping with the income level I'm working with (AKA none), I won't have to worry about very large loans.

ThunderOrb's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:27 PM

maybe they need to go back to college and learn their jobs

Agreed. bigsmile

ThunderOrb's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:25 PM

sorry..can't help ya...that is all up to the ex to get my son in colllege...

he has a financial aid business...I just give him the info...done...

my understanding it can be a crazy messed up situation...papers always criss crossing...

good luck..

Yep, that's another problem. They don't believe my mom has no income, so I have to make another trip to the college just to have her sign a paper stating it's true. One more speedbump along the way. laugh

ThunderOrb's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:23 PM

u have a week left..what is the problem?

The problem is it takes AT LEAST a week to get financial aid stuff, for one.

For another, coming in at second semester, I should have been able to apply for housing way earlier in the year. At this rate, there may not even BE housing by the time my application gets reviewed.

ThunderOrb's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:14 PM
Okay, so...long story short, I think college is trying to screw me over. lol

First off, I got a letter saying they didn't have my transcript...when they did. I called them about this and also found out that they had the wrong information down for me. They had me starting Fall '08 as a traditional student. I was actually applying for Spring '08 and I'm non-traditional since I'm over 21.

After that was fixed, they never sent me ANYTHING letting me know if I was accepted, or not. So...after waiting a month and knowing college had to be starting soon, I gave them a call. The lady told me enrollment was January 10th, I was accepted. That's it. That's all she said.

I NEVER got any information on financial aid, enrollment, housing, anything.

I called them today to find out about all of this. This time, they had my birthday wrong! How did it go from right to wrong? lol The woman I talked to said I should have gotten all of that info long ago and didn't know why I hadn't. (Well, duh.)

So basically, I have a week left to fill out the housing application, financial aid stuff, and figure out everything else that's supposed to be going on.

Anyone else have college troubles like this?grumble

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 10:19 AM
Well, that's good to know. bigsmile

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 01:03 AM
Mine is actually a combination of two things from the game, Diablo II. I usually played a sorceress when I played online for the mf capabilities they had. (Magic-find AKA finding really good items.) Thunder Strike and Frozen Orb were my two main spells of choice. One did a huge amount of damage to multiple enemies and one would strike down random mobs one at a time with one blow.

Um, okay...this thread is becoming a little too dorky. laugh

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 12:59 AM
lol I'm not sure anyone even gets that reference, but that just goes to show how nerdy I am.

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 12:57 AM

Mountain Dew is for me. It's all I drink! I like to do the dew!

Yes, I love Mountain Dew, as well, but I'm currently all out of it. frown
AH! Such horrible words I hope I will never say!

We all make mistakes, sometimes. :wink:

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 12:55 AM

Mountain Dew is for me. It's all I drink! I like to do the dew!

Yes, I love Mountain Dew, as well, but I'm currently all out of it. frown

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 12:52 AM

Make sweet sweet love to the pepsi down by the fire :heart:

Yes, Pepsi is my true lover.bigsmile

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 01/02/08 12:48 AM
Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm insane.

ThunderOrb's photo
Sun 12/30/07 09:26 PM
If you could change one thing about the person who posts above you, what would it be? This might be fun.bigsmile

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 09/05/07 03:26 PM
I must admit that I didn't go inside. I sat in my truck and used the net. I had already ate and just wanted a place to stop and check my e-mail before I began the hour trek home.laugh

ThunderOrb's photo
Wed 09/05/07 01:30 PM
Heh, I'm sitting here in the parking lot using their free wi-fi. So...on that note...what's up people?laugh drinker

ThunderOrb's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:46 PM
I said it may pay more! I didn't say I'd do it! Then again, we're talking about me, so no one get too excited over there. :wink:

I think it'll take a lot more encouragement than two people to actually do any stripping.laugh drinker

ThunderOrb's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:39 PM
A male stripper...hmmm... I've never thought of having that occupation before. I bet it pays more than giving you all pizza.

ThunderOrb's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:30 PM
I guess I could order more pizza for everyone. I seem to be known as the pizza boy.bigsmile

ThunderOrb's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:27 PM
Yup, it's Sunday night and I've got nothing to do. I'm not alone in this, am I?laugh

ThunderOrb's photo
Fri 08/31/07 03:37 PM
All rightie, it's not so long, anymore. I'm sure people will still have critiques and complaints, but this is as good as it gets for now. Not going to sit here and edit it all day.laugh

Hope it's more satisfying.drinker