Tue 11/03/09 07:05 PM
Edited by bdpm on Tue 11/03/09 07:06 PM
530, Chico raised.

bdpm's photo
Sun 11/01/09 07:49 PM
Trainspotting, Run Lola Run

bdpm's photo
Fri 10/30/09 06:57 PM

I live in a place with lots and lots of Mexican immigrants. I don't know who is legal and who isn't, but I do know that I really don't fit in here. It's my own fault for not going to their country and learning Spanish...

I'm not sure what to think. I moved down here from Northern California and it isn't that bad there. I want to be open-minded but there's something about this community that bothers me. Most of the people that live here do not speak English and have no interest in our culture. My father came from another country, learned English, worked hard to get his citizenship and is proud to be an American. Most of the immigrants here seem to be opportunists. I'm moving to a neighboring city.

You know I wonder when it became the thing to do to forget your heritage and convert to "American".

I would have loved to have had more of my heritage and the languages of my ancestors. I would speak Native American (Cherokee), German, Irish (I don't think it is called that but I don't know what it is called)

Sorry for the late reply but I just noticed this.

My father did not forget his heritage, or culture. He embraced a new one and added to it. He contributed four exotic-looking, half-Persian children who think, and act, slightly different than the average Joe. The difference between him and most of the people who enter this country illegally is loyalty. My father came here to be American, not to acquire money. He learned English and knows our history. He calls this country his own and would die for it.

Let's just open our borders to all third-world nations. Most of South America and Africa would like to be here too you know. And people from the Post-Soviet Union and certain other Slavic regions want in too! They respect the U.S. too much to do to our nation what they did to their own. We can use our tax dollars to ship them all over and support them once they get here, we have plenty of money.

bdpm's photo
Wed 10/28/09 10:50 PM
Edited by bdpm on Wed 10/28/09 10:55 PM
I live in a place with lots and lots of Mexican immigrants. I don't know who is legal and who isn't, but I do know that I really don't fit in here. It's my own fault for not going to their country and learning Spanish...

I'm not sure what to think. I moved down here from Northern California and it isn't that bad there. I want to be open-minded but there's something about this community that bothers me. Most of the people that live here do not speak English and have no interest in our culture. My father came from another country, learned English, worked hard to get his citizenship and is proud to be an American. Most of the immigrants here seem to be opportunists. I'm moving to a neighboring city.

bdpm's photo
Sun 10/25/09 11:29 PM
I dig Tool, and A Perfect Circle. I'm from 530 but I'm in 805 (Ventura). Don't ask me why. I'm still trying to figure that part out.

bdpm's photo
Sun 10/04/09 10:14 PM
Edited by bdpm on Sun 10/04/09 10:17 PM
I have been studying for the CCNA as well. I have a friend that is a CCNP, and is studying for his CCIE exams, that I hit up for advice. The questions on the exam are much, much harder than you will find in any study guide. I scheduled myself for the exam, and then took a practice exam through Boson. I got worked, canceled my appointment, hit the books again and started taking the practice exams more seriously. You don't just have to know the material, you have to be quick. You will see network topologies on that exam that are far more complicated than the one's in your study guides, and be asked to trace the path of packets moving across it. Be able to subnet in seconds. There are 160 questions and 90 minutes to finish the exam (at least the one I was scheduled to take was).

2 Next