Community > Posts By > Alexthefighter

Alexthefighter's photo
Mon 06/20/16 09:52 PM
What is the ideal number of calls a couple should exchange in a day?

Alexthefighter's photo
Mon 06/20/16 09:52 PM
How many calls ?

Alexthefighter's photo
Fri 06/10/16 08:25 AM

I agree Kathyzee I wouldn't move in with a boyfriend either - its not respectful.

To me if a guy wants you to move in before your married - he is not being respectful at all.

Marriage is a commitment and needs to be considered seriously, its a life long commitment and has to be worked at with respect, trust, integrity, being considerate, understanding, compassion and lots of listening. Listening to each other and allowing the other person to be heard and respected for what they have said is essential, even if you don't agree with them.

Agree to disagree.

I think pre marriage counselling is essential as well, especially if your expectations are different or your goals in life, if you want children and the other doesn't or you can't have children or finance or health issues. All these things need to be discussed as often couples have very different expectations of each other and different perspectives and ideas, values of what marriage is all about which can clash. Lots of communication and conversation are necessary - way before one thinks of getting married. Friendships are about getting to know one another and having a good time while getting to know each other before even thinking of dating. Dating is also about getting to know each other and nothing to do with sex etc at all which takes place within marriage and not before. Its about mutual respect of each other and waiting until marriage is respectful. If the other person is not respecting you - move on.

My uncle had his gf come live with him and his wife with his kids (they were having a pending divorce. (He is a Catholic but said its fine since they were getting divorced).

Alexthefighter's photo
Mon 06/06/16 02:59 AM

Should a young person get married ?

Marriage ain't good or bad. It's a completely different way of living. You have to be ready for this mentally. Ready for being together with your beloved person 24/7 and much more. And you will have a full responsibility of all of your actions now, coz there is another party involved.
Your entire lifestyle as you knew it before will be gone.

Marriage is great, but it needs a constant attention and contribution to make it last and work. But gives you back enormous amount of joy and pleasure. To both of you.

If you're ready for this, go ahead. But perhaps it makes more sense to try living together as a couple without marriage first. Just to feel the whole thing.

Thanks for the advice I'm going to break up the engagement today

Alexthefighter's photo
Sun 06/05/16 08:46 PM
Should a young person get married ?

Alexthefighter's photo
Sat 06/04/16 02:17 PM
I just signed up to this app. Hello all

2 Next