Community > Posts By > dmkavidelly

no photo
Sun 06/07/09 07:32 PM

It's because they screwed up in the past 20 years, it's the fault of the left and liberal parties.

It's hard to believe them. Imagine the opposite of what happened in the USA, but instead of the right-wing party (republicans) screwing up, it's the left and liberal party did the same. Of course they gonna get voted out. Now they spread propaganda about "nazis" and "extremists" , all coming from the loosing left side. Doesn't it sound familiar?

Except the BNP and their ilk ARE Nazis. spock A sad day indeed for the EU, left or right, when admitted racists and unapologetic fascists can actually win elections. sad2

On the bright side, I'm an American and I seriously doubt the neo-Nazis will ever take over by elections. By violence maybe but not by elections.

no photo
Sun 06/07/09 07:24 PM
We don't buy into anything. Company policy dictates that all employees in good standing get a share of stock for every $190 of income. People that have worked for a decade and bought stock along with what they got free tend to make thousands every year in addition to pay.

Frankly I wished I worked for them 3 years ago when the stock split 5 ways. mad Missed out on that jackpot. Still getting payed in stock AND money isn't 1/2 bad, no risk of layoffs ether. :smile:

no photo
Sun 06/07/09 05:34 PM
Meh, my employer has the right idea. Make the company employee owned and the stock privately traded. The employer can't screw over the employees w/o screwing over the stock holders (who ARE the employees) and the employees (who are the stock holders) can't milk their employer for all it's worth if they want a good dividend. All with no chance of an outside buyout.

As it is, sales are up, number of locations is up, number of employees is up and not 1 employee has EVER been laid off in the 80+ years the company has existed.

The only 2 things that can be said have gone wrong are the stock prices dropping (duh) and profits dropping off a bit (which corresponds with a drop in prices, we're still in the black and debt free).

Unions don't work. Direct ownership by the workers does.

no photo
Sun 06/07/09 05:02 PM
Meh, my employer has the right idea. Make the company employee owned and the stock privately traded. The employer can't screw over the employees w/o screwing over the stock holders (who ARE the employees) and the employees (who are the stock holders) can't milk their employer for all it's worth if they want a good dividend. All with no chance of an outside buyout.

As it is, sales are up, number of locations is up, number of employees is up and not 1 employee has EVER been laid off in the 80+ years the company has existed.

The only 2 things that can be said have gone wrong are the stock prices dropping (duh) and profits dropping off a bit (which corresponds with a drop in prices, we're still in the black and debt free).

Unions don't work. Direct ownership by the workers does.

no photo
Sun 06/07/09 03:10 PM
Yes. but it make no since. What's the difference between meeting someone online and meeting someone at a bar except if things go south, they can't hurt you (being as you may vary well be on different continents). If anything, online dating is the safest way to go if you're not going to stick with people you already know.

2 Next