Community > Posts By > TheColourGreen

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 03:48 PM
NASA alone spend untold billions on looking at stars and potential planets that may or may not contain life. For the most part, they look at parts of the universe where humanity will sooner die out than actually come close to researching.

It's all noble and good to want to explore, and we do have some appliances and other inventions that have actual pragmatic uses as a byproduct of all this research.

However I can't help but feel that all this money and resource might have better been served researching something more accessible. Like stem cell research, genetic engineering, human cloning, DNA manipulation, undersea exploration, etc.

Just imagine, if scientists can find a way to manipulate an unborn child's genes in order to shape the child before he/she is born. Wouldn't that be a great thing? Take China and it's one-child policy for instance. Imagine if parents had the option to CHOOSE their child's sex, that would be great at dealing with all the orphaned girls. If you can eliminate undesirable physical traits that are due to genetics, people can live a life without being mocked.

That and, there are still plenty of places on Earth that we have yet to thoroughly explore due to accessibility.

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 03:28 PM
Title says it all really.

I suck at self-profiling as much as I suck at writing my own resume and such. But I'm hardly the only one with this problem.

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 03:26 PM
Have someone shoot me while I'm unaware?

Well, can't go worse than what I currently have.

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 02:42 PM
I don't have any hockey team or mascot. The closest I have is a scout troop and a classroom of kids I'm volunteering with.

Obviously I'm not going to ever include them in the picture.

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 02:40 PM
Edited by TheColourGreen on Sat 02/21/15 02:41 PM

Are we talking 'ice age' the movie
I thought it was great

WHOOPS

So apparently with this site, there is a character-limit on the title, yet you are never told it reaches that limit and the site simply chooses to not add any words that exceeded that limit, that word being "Jurassic Park".

(PS - yeah I loved Ice Age, the sequels not as much though)

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 02:35 PM
Edited by TheColourGreen on Sat 02/21/15 02:35 PM
Pistol Shrimp

Able to snap it's claws with such force that it can shoot a super hot heat bubble at whoever feels like messing with it.

http://i.imgur.com/hjbxtK4.jpg

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 02:32 PM
Edited by TheColourGreen on Sat 02/21/15 02:41 PM
Ah...Jurassic Park...

I love it because it's gosh darn magical! The effects still hold up even by today's standards (ignore the fact that we know dinosaurs have feathers now), the sound effects of dinosaurs were believable even if we didn't know how they really sound, and it brought dinosaurs into the public consciousness. This movie is just dripping in nostalgia whenever I see it.

Lastly, the music, oh the music!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M)

However,

I hate it because it's so god damn anti-science! Aggressively so. Rather than celebrate the miracles John Hammond brought up in the world, it rather paint it as a cautionary tale. All the bull about how "man shouldn't play God", and every single thing that comes out of Ian Malcolm's mouth just makes you cringe.

...yeah I pretty much killed any chance I have at meeting any girls in this site with this thread. But screw it, who else have this love-hate relationship with the movie?

TheColourGreen's photo
Sat 02/21/15 02:25 PM
I struggle enough to get my entire self in the phone as I hold it backwards trying to picture myself.

I can take a hundred photos, yet I look constipated or douchey in all of them because I'm always too focused on trying to just get a photograph that's legible.

I never saw myself smile before, but once I did, oohhhh dear now I know why I've been having trouble finding a girl after my break-up years ago. I guess it's because I never smiled all that much before as a kid.

2 Next