Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Thu 10/10/19 07:51 PM
I travel in the south part of the year. It is not uncommon for some waitress in a place I've never been to before to call me sweetie or honey. Such as: can I get you something Honey? If I started some type of scene over that, I probably would be meeting the local deputy sheriff!! I call women that I know but have no relationship with "dear" on a regular basis. You slap me for it and I'll be thinking about pressing charges for assault!!!!!!!!!!! You have no cause to physically attack me for referring to you as "dear"!! With that attitude, "*****" might be more appropriate.

oldkid46's photo
Thu 10/10/19 08:11 AM
I belong to several other sites but most are free and worth just what they cost! The only thing Mingle2 has going for it is a few of the forums. I also belong to one paid site. There I have actually met others and regularly receive honest messages. Yes, there are scammers there too but many less than on the free sites.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 10/08/19 08:15 AM
I guess we better support the Vikings for the rest of the year and get ready to support the Twins in 2020. Actually the Twins did a good job considering the last couple years and with a new manager.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 10/08/19 08:07 AM
I believe the OP is talking about the polarization in America. We are born into a group based on our social, economic, educational, and political views. We then go through life defending these values against those who have different views and are part of a different group. There are many different groups with their own values and agendas. We have become so entrenched in our own viewpoints that we refuse to consider any other viewpoints. This has just made us more adversarial and can destroy any chance of compromise while increasing the possibility of violence within our society. You're wrong so I must destroy you! This can only be considered madness in many respects!!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 10/08/19 07:41 AM
There are 2 very different situations among "single mothers". There are those who were in a family or married situation and after a few years, the relationship fell apart resulting in her being alone with children to raise. We should not be considering these women as being irresponsible. There is a good possibility they could become a solid future partner.

Then there are those who carelessly have sex with the losers of the male population without practicing responsible birth control. They tend to have babies for the taxpayer to support. Personally, I think they should be required to have chemical birth control in order to receive any taxpayer support. If I were a younger man, I would avoid getting involved with this group in any way! Nothing but trouble!!!

oldkid46's photo
Fri 10/04/19 09:10 AM

Thanks for your comments. I was using the term 'dating' in the real world and in the generally accepted sense, where two people meet with good intentions towards each other in seeking to establish a long term romantic relationship, which may include marriage, if all goes well. I am of the opinion most people see exclusivity in dating as a requirement and the best way forward, in amongst other requirements such as you mention, honesty, and integrity.

It seems you are making the assumption that most singles are searching for a new husband, wife, or similar relationship. While this may be true for many people on Mingle2 and similar sites, not everyone has that goal. I find it very important to state that assumption early in getting acquainted with someone. It will save a lot of heartbreak and disappointment!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 10/03/19 09:23 AM
Should be a great series between the Twins and Yanks. Looking forward to watching the games. Now if only the Vikings could figure out how to play football tears

oldkid46's photo
Wed 10/02/19 08:48 PM
Sounds like most of the respondents are serial daters. I date you until I'm no longer interested in you and then I dump you. Sounds like a great plan if you have a lifetime left to try out new people!

oldkid46's photo
Wed 10/02/19 07:31 AM
Exclusivity should not be expected until a couple is ready to have sex. Then the subject should be carefully discussed and limits established!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 09/28/19 09:07 AM
If you truly love someone, you will never stop loving that person you fell in love with. You may not love the person they have become or may no longer be able to live with the person they are today, but you will still love the person they were that you fell in love with.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 09/24/19 09:10 AM

And it obviously has not worked for you
As it is today, it is not working out as I had hoped yet but is much better than the last 10-15 years of being married. My life now has much more freedom and much less stress.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 09/23/19 11:47 AM
But what he is looking for is just what so many women seem to desire!! Could they not have read his profile or don't they want what they say they want??

oldkid46's photo
Mon 09/23/19 08:36 AM
I don't think most men are expecting sex on the first or second date. They are thinking of you in terms of if they would be sexually interested in you and when would you be receptive to their sexual advances. They are trying to figure you out! Don't confuse the two.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 09/23/19 08:13 AM
I'm 72 and this is what I finally learned: Never allow someone else to control your life unless it is to your benefit. That includes employers, friends, family, and relationships. Each must be giving you something that makes your life better for the control you ALLOW them to have!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/22/19 07:50 PM
There is never a time when I cannot pack a small bag and disappear for a period of time even if only to the park for the afternoon! I know the rest of the world will take care of things while I'm away for awhile!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/22/19 09:07 AM

I get it I really do, I used to read the negative, the bitter, the ones who have nothing good to say about the opposite sex posts but I understand now. I think people reach a point in their lives where they say "relationship ? Why bother? Why rock the boat why take another risk in getting hurt, used . .(insert any word that mat apply) I' m happy where I'm at in my life, it's just not worth all the time and effort, I get it now I really do.

Not talking about myself here. I don't like internet dating only here for forums, but last week after reading a few posts from men about how ALL women are gold diggers , and of course that led to other bitter men contriburting their low opinion of women I kind of thought Whoa there! Why be that way ? But then I got to thinking ( oh oh ) and came to the conclusion okay they have given up, they are happy well in general ,except in forums where they can put women down and blame all women for their failure to have a meaningful relationship, so they don"'t want to take the chance, rock the boat, or make the effort.
Like I said I get it.
Most men and women on dating sites who are older have had some bad experiences with the opposite gender. It is very easy to project those experiences and the people who were responsible for them on others who they view as similar. Often times that is based on gender and the perceived attitude of those they encounter. They assume the people they meet are the same as caused those bad experiences until proven otherwise. We seem to have a hard time giving others the benefit of doubt; instead we consider them guilty until proven innocent!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 09/21/19 10:12 AM

No one nailed anything here except their own paranoia.
As I've said here before I have FWB, currently 3 with 0 (like as in none) drama or diseases, what's required is complete honesty from the very beginning.
I am sure that it gets easier with age, I just hit 63 and my FWB are 47, 62 and 65. They are just women like me that don't have any desire to give up on sex just because we're getting older; we like each other we treat each other kindly and with respect and have a great time.
It can be done it just takes EFFORT, COMMUNICATION and RESPECT!
If you're not capable of these things with a women you'll need to change so you are or else I don't think you'll be able to have FWB.
Think of this: if you're lets say over 50ish and alone and want to change that DO IT!
If not now, when?
Time is NOT on or side.......

And btw as a footnote I wouldn't describe any of my current FWB as "loose women" and believe me I've known loose women. Read my profile.

So these fwb all know you are seeing other woman? If that's what works for you and them ,than great like they say different strokes for different folks. But sooner or later one of them will start throwing shade about being "exclusive" then what? It's bound to happen , sorry not sorry I just can't wrap my mind about someone being just a hole
You seem to have the mistaken idea that a FWB is just about sex. The friend part of a friend without benefits (no sex) should be the same as a friend with benefits (sex). The question always comes down to: do you want more of a relationship than friendship? If you are looking for marriage or something similar, then being in a long term FWB situation is not for you! It is an opportunity to continue to live your individual life while still having a trusted friend and an active sex life. It may or may not be monogamous as the participants choose.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 09/18/19 08:38 PM
Writing a message and being ignored! Worse than the scammers.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/15/19 09:04 PM
I have no problem with you smoking, it is your life but you cannot smoke in my presence as it adversely affects me. I also seem to have a problem with the drinking question. I generally have a couple of drinks every day so I drink often. That does not make me drunk every day but some conclude I must be since I drink "often". The only way to really know the situation with drinking or smoking is to ask!!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 09/12/19 09:10 PM

hopefully the twins can finish strong instead of coasting into the playoffs they don't need a one game tie breaker with Cleveland
A tie breaker? That would NOT be good!!